About the store
Where are you based and do you carry official japanese products ?
We are based in the Tokyo area and only carry genuine items manufactured by japanese publishers. You can rest assured that you won’t find any counterfeits/bootlegs in our store.
What are your business days?
We are open from Monday to Friday, except holidays. We are closed during the weekend.
Do you have a shop in Japan or a phone number where I can reach you?
We are sorry but we have no telephone service open to the public.
We only sell online so you won’t find us in any physical store.
For all questions pertaining to general issues, please send us an email at email@example.com.
In what languages can I write?
Currently, you can write to BIG IN JAPAN in English, French or German. We will do our best to reply as quickly as possible.
Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, BIG IN JAPAN ships worldwide, without any exception !
I have moved and I would like to change my address for an open order. How should I go about it ?
Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and your new address. We will modify it ourselves.
What is the meaning of the different stock statuses?
“In stock” means that the product has been released and is available in our facilities. We can ship it to you within 2 working days.
“Available for preorder” means that the product has not been released yet. Its approximate release date is mentioned on the product page. You can order it now and we’ll ship it to you as soon as we get it in stock.
“Out of stock” means that we have already reached the maximum number of orders we expect to be able to fill or that the product has been released and we have sold all the volumes we had in our facilities. A restock is rather unlikely unless the manufacturer reissues the item.
“Backorder” means that the item is not in stock at the moment but we should be able to get it for you within a couple of days or weeks. Backorder items are payable upon order and will be fully refunded if we cannot procure them.
Can I combine two items that are released at great intervals in the same order?
No, please only combine items that are set to be released during the same month. If you try to combine items that are set for a release in different months, you will be unable to make it through to the end of your order.
I noticed that you offered electronic products for sale. Do you have a warranty service in place ?
Yes we do ! We will hold the warranty form of the product for you until it expires. Should your product suffer technical deficiencies during the period of validity, just send it back to us. We will have it repaired and return it to you in appropriate shape. However, please note that all shipping fees (in and out) will have to be borne by the customer.
What methods of payment do you offer?
BIG IN JAPAN accepts three payment methods :
- Secured credit card payment via IMG Global, a recognized credit card processor. Please note that for safety reasons, your card details will NOT be stored on our server. Also, please note that if you use this payment method, the amount will be taken from your account upon ordering, not when the item becomes available. Currently, only VISA and Mastercard are accepted.
- Bank transfers are accepted only for residents of Japan.
BIG IN JAPAN does not accept the following payment methods : checks and cash.
Both are possible. We understand that some customers would rather wait until the items are in stock to make their payment, while others would rather pay immediately and not have to think about an invoice coming in later.
In that sense, four payment methods are offered to you :
- Pay immediately by Paypal
- Pay immediately by credit card via IMG Global (VISA and Mastercard only)
- Pay later with Paypal. In that case, we will send you a Paypal invoice once all your items have arrived in stock. Attention : this payment method only applies to orders totalling less than 20,000 yen. If your total is more than that amount, we ask you to please pay immediately.
- Bank transfers : for residents of Japan only. We need to receive the transfer within 7 days of the date of order otherwise the order will be assumed as cancelled.
Attention : all Paypal invoices must be settled within 7 days. Past that timeframe, the order will be cancelled and the customer blacklisted from using our services any further.
Attention : exclusive, limited and backorder items all require immediate payment.
May I cancel an order I placed and get a refund if I paid in advance?
We normally do not accept cancellations. However, if the preorder deadline set by our suppliers for that item is not yet past, we may consider cancelling your order. Please contact us to know if this is possible or not.
Please note that an order cannot be cancelled once an item has arrived in stock.
What shipping methods do you offer?
BIG IN JAPAN offers four shipping methods :
- EMS : this is the most expensive method, but also the fastest and safest. It is relayed by a private shipping company in your country and your parcel is delivered within 3-4 working days. The shipment can be insured up to 2,000,000 yen and is trackable online with a special number. This is the only method that can be used for shipments that don’t fit into the criteria of size/weight limits of Small Packet. Moreover, orders totalling over 15,000 yen must be shipped by EMS for safety reasons.
- Registered SAL : a tad slower (2 weeks on average but can be up to 6 weeks). Parcels weighing less than 2 kg and whose three dimensions combined (l x w x h) don’t exceed 90 cm will be shipped by Small Packet (special low rate). Parcels that exceed those limitations will be shipped by SAL Parcel Post. The shipment is trackable online with a special number and can be insured with the following amounts :
- up to 6,000 yen for Small Packets
- up to 15,000 yen for SAL Parcel Post, depending on weight of parcel
- Regular SAL : It is exclusive to parcels weighing less than 2 kg and whose three dimensions combined (l x w x h) don’t exceed 90 cm, knowing that the length itself must not exceed 60 cm. The shipment is not trackable and no insurance is included. Please note that in case of loss, theft or damage to your parcel, you will not be able to claim any compensation from BIG IN JAPAN, so choose this method at your own risk.
- Registered Airmail : average delivery time (approx. 1 week). It is exclusive to parcels weighing less than 2 kg and whose three dimensions combined (l x w x h) don’t exceed 90 cm. Trackable online with a special number and can be insured up to 6000 yen.
- Fedex International Economy : average delivery time 3-4 days.
- Sagawa : for residents of Japan only.
For more information about actual rates by method and weight, please check the Shipping page.
In no case will we allow Paypal plaints or chargebacks. Such attitude will lead to immediate and irreversible ban from using our services.
How do I know if the item I’d like will fit into the limitations of Small Packet?
Manufacturers sometimes provide information about size/weight in advance. If the Small Packet option does not appear when ordering, it means that the item is sure not to fit into a Small Packet. In that case, only the EMS option is offered to you.
If we are not sure about the size of the item, then you can pick the Small Packet option. Should we have no choice but to use EMS, we will send you a Paypal invoice with the corresponding extra shipping fees.
For the same reason, if you wish to use Small Packet, please don’t combine several items in the same order.
May I ask BIG IN JAPAN to mark down the declared value of the parcel?
Sure. Please indicate the value you would like us to declare in the “message” box upon ordering.
However, please note that in case of loss, theft or damage to your parcel, you will only be insured up to the amount you declared and BIG IN JAPAN will be unable to offer you any further compensation.
I have received my order but the contents are wrong. What should I do ?
Please accept our humble apologies for this confusion. Please send a message to email@example.com telling us what you received and what you should have received.
Depending on situations, we will send you the appropriate product for free or we will request you to return the erroneous product to us first (don’t worry, we will bear the shipping costs). The product must be sealed and in original condition. Should the product of your choice have become unavailable, we will of course grant you a full refund.
I have received my order but it came damaged. What should I do ?
Even when carefully packaged, parcels sometimes suffer damage during transport. If the damage is superficial (item box bent or slightly caved), it is rather unlikely that we’ll be able to help you. If the inner product itself is damaged, try to take pictures and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will file a plaint with Japan Post.
However, please note that this is only possible if you chose a shipping method including insurance (EMS or Registered Small Packet). Regular Small Packet does not give any rights to compensation in case of damage, theft or loss.